Our Speech Pathologists are:
- Registered with Speech Pathology Australia
- Registered providers with Medicare
- Able to work with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) clients
Contact us on 8272 2862 to make an appointment or learn more about our Speech Pathologists.
About Lisa Mathers, CPSP
- Lisa supports her clients by being exceptionally patient
- She helps children feel secure by understanding their needs
- She understands the additional challenges faced by children with social challenges and Autism
- She is skilled at gaining and maintaining a child’s attention to conduct effective therapy
- She takes the time to outline tailored home-care advice for the best outcome
Experience and Education
Lisa Mathers has been a practising Speech Pathologist since 2004, working with children between the ages of 2 and 18 in a variety of settings. After training at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England, she was employed by the National Health Service in the UK, working with children in nurseries, schools, special schools and in the community. She moved to Adelaide with her Australian husband in 2008 where she began working in private practice. Lisa is also part of a small group of Speech Pathologists in Adelaide who are Lidcombe Program Trained (Management of preschool stuttering). She is a mother of two who enjoys going for walks and bike rides with her family.
Qualifications and Registrations
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Speech and Language Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
• Certified Practising Speech Pathologist, Registered with Speech Pathology Australia
• Registered provider with Medicare
• Able to work with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)clients
• Lidcombe Program Trained (Management of preschool stuttering)
About Alison Peterson, CPSP
- Alison has almost 15 years experience working with preschoolers in community and hospital settings
- She loves working with young children (0-4 years) who are experiencing feeding or communication difficulties and their families
- She is also passionate about a working with children with multiple and complex needs, including those with disabilities, global developmental delay, Autism and Down syndrome
- She enjoys helping children grown and learn through play and fun!
- Outside of work, Alison is a busy mum to 3 young children. Coffee is her friend!